__possible__: Google Docs in ePublisher

Posted on: November 5th, 2009

Here is a screen-cast of the GoogleDocs input adapter that we demoed at RoundUp 2009. A couple of caveats: This is not currently available and there are no definite plans for making this a part of any ePublisher release. That largely depends on user interest (your interest). The implementation is a demo. As such, there […]


Posted on: October 20th, 2009

I had meant to blog about coming to RoundUp last week…and then I didn’t.  So, for those of us who are here anyway, wow!  What a good conference.  In the interests of disclosure I will good ahead and let you know that I’m going to gush a little.  Yesterday gets my vote for the all-time […]

ePublisher Feed Reader

Posted on: October 7th, 2009

Shortly after the release of 2009.2, and after some cooperative discussion here on ways that we might improve ePublisher moving forward, I started work on a Feed Reader for the ePublisher Start Page.  This isn’t that ground-breaking as a Feed Reader seems to be fairly commonplace on a start or splash page.  The first iteration […]

2-Celled Note Table

Posted on: January 22nd, 2009

Someone asked me about this at RoundUp a few months ago, and I’m just now getting around to publishing it.  I’ve just posted a tip for creating a two-celled note style table for a given paragraph style on the WebWorks wiki.  The implementation uses the wwtransform:super resolver. We are working to make this the blessed […]

Frame 7 to Frame 8 problem

Posted on: December 12th, 2008

We have discovered a kind of a nasty problem which occurs when you bring FrameMaker 7 documents created in some non-English locale, into FrameMaker 8.  This problem affects any text that is inserted into the FrameMaker 7 dialogs, such as the Paragraph Designer or the Marker dialog, under the non-English locale.  When the docs are […]

Page Template Preview Utility

Posted on: October 15th, 2008

As promised at RoundUp, I have posted a wiki article on the Page Template Preview utility. It lacks a number of things, such as good design, a clearly defined objective, among others. However, it was fun to write and I hope that it might be useful to anyone who may be trying to unravel Page […]

ePublisher 2008.2 Eclipse Help Article

Posted on: July 7th, 2008

The 2008.2 Release of the ePublisher Platform went live today. This release includes the Eclipse Help Format. I have just posted a wiki page which documents the items which are peculiar to the Eclipse Help format.

ePublisher 2008.1 and wiki articles

Posted on: March 31st, 2008

I posted two new wiki articles. The first is a general outline of ePublisher URI Resolvers. The second is documentation for wwtransform:super, a cool new URI available in the 2008.1 runtime. ePublisher 2008.1 is here. Happy Q2.

Publishing Content From the WebWorks Wiki

Posted on: January 11th, 2008

One of the more interesting aspects of the ePublisher 9.3 Release is the introduction of the Xml Adapter. By default, this Adapter allows users to generate output from DITA source documents. However, perhaps more significantly, it carries with it the ability to configure ePublisher to accept ANY input source. To demonstrate this functionality, during RoundUp […]

FrameMaker 8 Conditional Expressions

Posted on: December 19th, 2007

Figure: FrameMaker 8’s Show Conditional Text as per Expression Currently, we are working on updating ePublisher to run on Windows Vista. Also I am working on updating ePublisher’s FrameMaker Tool Adapter to support FrameMaker 8. One of the more challenging aspects of this latter task is adding support for FrameMaker 8’s new “conditional expression” feature. […]